NFC: parasites

I am having trouble in my daphnia barrels with filament algae would I be
risking parasites by using snails to eat the algae? I have heard about what I
think is a nematode parasite that uses snails and daphnia as vectors in it's
life cycle but both have to be present for the life cycle to complete. Is this
true or am I getting this mixed up with some other parasite life cycle? The
algae makes harvesting the daphnia difficult. Also could scuds or cypris be
cultured in the same containers as the daphnia possible using them to control
the algae.

                                                                       Michael
Hissom