NFC: seeking pumpkinseeds

Hello.  I am an aquatic ecologist and a newcomer to this list.
I wanted to introduce myself and ask for help obtaining pumpkinseed
sunfish.

I study the genetics of a freshwater snail (Physa) as relates to
resisting two major predators, crayfish (Orconectes) and pumpkinseed
sunfish (Lepomis gibbosus) in natural populations.  Details can be
found on my webpage (URL below).

My main reason in contacting NFC now is to ask for help obtaining
pumpkinseed sunfish for my research.  The fish will be kept in
good health in aqaria.  They are needed to generate fish-scented
water, which stimulates snails to more crush-resistant shells.
That's right, the snails genes for shell growth change their
expression based on the presence or absence of fish smell.

Would anyone out there be willing to send 30-50 small (4-7 cm) fish
to me.  I can reimburse shipping costs and pay $50-100 for the favor.

Thanks,
Thom DeWitt

Dr. Thomas J. DeWitt
Research Assistant Professor
Center for Ecology, Evolution, & Behavior
TH Morgan School of Biological Sciences
University of Kentucky
Lexington, KY 40506-0225

http://darwin.ceeb.uky.edu/ceeb/profs/thom/webpage.htm
tel 606/323-4992; fax 257-1717; email dewitt at ceeb_uky.edu