NFC: NFC PRESS RELEASE PLEASE FORWARD

PRESS RELEASE NATIVE FISH CONSERVANCY :December 2, 1998 -

 The NFC is pleased to announce that it has received a
Scientific Collection Permit from the State of New Hampshire which
allows the NFC to capture individuals of 13 non-game freshwater fish
species.

As a general rule most Non-game fish have been neglected  and many cases
remain poorly studied. As a result,  there is little or no available
information upon which informed management decisions can be made
concerning conservation initiatives involving these species. By obtaining
Scientific Collection Permits, the NFC is allowed to continue basic
research and  facilitate the development of  knowledge about a wide
variety of non-game species, evaluate captive propagation methods and
perform other
research which will provide additional information and enhance the
public's awareness of and appreciation for our many non-game fish species
which are essential to healthy aquatic ecosystems.

For Further Information about the NFC  please check out our website at
http://nativefish.interspeed.net or contact

Robert Rice
NFC President
2213 Prytania Circle