Re: NFC: How to raise blackworms

On Tue, 17 Nov 1998, Andrew S Dalton wrote:

> I'm sure that a lot of different setups would work as well (or better) than
> mine, but my experience indicates that any setup should have a way of
> aerating the water.  Otherwise, the worms will probably try to crawl out to
> avoid suffocating.

	I agree. If I keep the worms in a closed container, they try to
get out. If I leave the bag's mouth open, then they do not try to crawl
out. If I get live brine, I have found out (the hard way) that I have to
leave the bag open (with the edges of the bag rolled back)

	My main problem is worm bits that come with worms. These decay and
poison the water causing immediate mass destruction in the bowl generally
within a week of buying the worms.

Sajjad
--
Sajjad Lateef  ~ <;))>< ~~  ~~    <http://www.eecs.uic.edu/~slateef/>