Re: NFC: Flag fish deaths

I saw a suggestion in someone's reply that you use crushed coral to
raise the pH. THat might be fine for the fish, but be careful with the
plants. Many plants will NOT appreciate an increase in hardness and/or
pH. Crypt species come to mind immediately. I recently switched two
large C. wendtii from an "old" tank with soft water to a newer tank that
had harder water and got to watch the dreaded "crypt melt". Maybe I got
the wrong impression, anyone else heard this about plants and water
hardness?