NFC: Re: How to use a seine?

Jeff,

I've used a one-man seine ever since I started collecting and the best I've
found is a 4x4 or 4x6.   I've used it in many different environments and it
works in just about every situation (although having a dipnet on hand is
helpful)....a seine can be pushed through the water toward the shore
entrapping fish,  pushed under brush (at least tapping the poles ends under
obstructions) to flush out fish, or held downstream (with poles firmly
planted in the stream bed) as you kick towards the seine, then pulling up
the seine as your feet reach it.  If this isn't clear as mud I will try and
think of new way of phrasing it.

Dave Hall