Re: NFC Favorite fish?

Souther Darters would do well...but what are your water conditions ? That
will be a major limiting factor !!

On Thu, 22 Oct 1998 16:26:08 -0500 "Kudzu" <Kudzu at airnet_net> writes:
>I have been thinking about my dream tank again and what I am going to
>put in
>it. I have to say that discus have really caught my eye. (Ducking as
>he
>looks for flying objects). However!! I really want to set up the tank
>with
>some impressive natives. I have learned a bit by being on this list
>but I
>still don't know what I would put in there.
>
>So here is you chance to tell me what to do. :-)  Well, plan maybe
>since
>this is probably a next summer project at the earliest. (This tank
>will most
>likely be around 8 foot x 2 foot. 200+ gallons and it will be
>planted!
>
>The only fish that have in mind are Longear Sunfish or some other
>sunfish.
>Probably some Red Belly Dace. What I have in mind is mostly to use
>lots of
>fish, preferably small fish. Sunnies might not make it in there due to
>size
>and aggression. If you had your druthers and this was your tank, what
>would
>you do? I would love to hear some suggestions. Just remember this will
>be in
>a living room and I want prefer at least some colorful fish.
>
>I had thought about some of the darter but what about temps? I don't
>plan on
>a chillier. Not out of the question but unlikely.
>
>Jeff <*\\><

Robert Rice
Help Preserve our Aquatic Heritage join the NFC
email us at NFC at actwin_com or  Sunfishtalk at listbot_com
website  http://nativefish.interspeed.net/

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]