Re: salinity

I am not trying to duplicate a brackish water environment, I am just curious
if a salinity of 1.004 would be too much salt for freshwater fish. I am just
concerned that I may have gotten carried away with the salt in a new tank I am
setting up. I guess I could put a coryadoras catfish in the tank and see if it
shows signs of distress but I hate to sacrifice a fish to find this out.

                                                                Michael