Re: Collecting in Georges' Aftermath

>I'm not sure about the identity of my "F. notti".  I only collected 2, and
>neither has any vertical barring.  Is this sexual dimorphism? Regional
>difference?

Never collected notti, but the closely related F dispar has vertical
barring on the males only.  The females have horizontal rows of fine
specks.

>I found that the fishing was a lot easier on Sunday than on Friday, as the
>pools had evaporated to about 1/3 of their size.  I doubt if they are
>still there, but I assume that the same fish would be swimming in the bay
>itself

Is the bay salt, brachish or fresh?  All of those species are restricted to
fresh water except maybe Lucania parva.  Interesting to consider how
habitats may become populated during catastrophic events such as this.

Mark Binkley
Columbus Ohio USA          <))><
mbinkley at earthling_net

Live a good and honorable life.  Then when you get older
and look back, you'll get to enjoy it a second time!