Re: Hybrid sunnies (fwd)

Well now according to Larry Page in a after dinner  discussion he
suspected a 3-5% rate wich is /was rather higher than I expected. This
conversation came about because the Fish on the cover of Petersons Field
guide was a HYBRID !!! :)

On Sat, 3 Oct 1998 20:50:03 -0500 "Kudzu" <Kudzu at airnet_net> writes:

>>A question for everyone collecting Lepomis. Just how frequent are
>these
>>hybrids? One in a 1000? More? Less?
>

>That was one of my reasons for writing! I have wondered the same
>thing. So
>far I have kept 20 or so Various sunnies and at least two (and I
>suspect a
>third one will turn out to be) have been hybrid. Granted this is not
>very
>scientific sample since they were all caught with a 100 yards or each
>other
>but it is a lot more than 1/1000th.
>
>Jeff <*\\><

Robert Rice
Help Preserve our Aquatic Heritage join the NFC
email us at NFC at actwin_com
website  http://nativefish.interspeed.net/

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]