Re: Rainbow shiner

I just got back Sunday from an expedition on 20 Mile Creek, near Tupelo,
MS.  It passes directly under the Natchez Trace about 8 or so miles north
of Tupelo.  We were on a project assessing the restoration efforts that
have been going on there.  Several structures known as Benway Weirs (sp?)
have been placed along the creek.

This past weekend, we caught:

Blackspotted topminnows,  Fundulus olivaceus
Longear sunfish,  Lepomis megalotis
Spotted bass,  Micropteruspunctulatus
Largemouth bass, M. salmoides
Longnose gar,  Lepisosteus osseus
Gizzard shad,  Dorosomma cepedianum
Bluntnose minnow,  Pimephales notatus
Western mosquitofish,  Gambusia affinis
Blacktailed shiners,  Cyprinella venusta
several shiners yet to be identified

In July, the team caught, in addition to the above,

several darters, at least one of which was the dusky darter,  Percina
sciera

If you would like any more info, such as a map or something, just let me
know!
Hope this helps,
David