Re: Rainbow shiner

Well I was wrong :) I sheepishly realized I  looked at the wrong map...:)
How about we back this up and ask you Missisippi folks what kind of
species can I expect on a trip to your great state and would any folks
like to be my guide ? I also wonder do Alabama folks have good spots for
Rainbow shiner ....RR sheepishly hides back in his cave stricken with his
humanity :)

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998 22:22:02 -0500 (CDT) David A Zitnik
<daz1 at Ra_MsState.Edu> writes:
>I came across the same conclusion when looking at my maps.  If the
>museum
>comes up with no leads, let me know, and I will check with some of my
>professors in the Wildlife and Fisheries Dept. at MSU.
>ttyl,
>David
>

>On Tue, 29 Sep 1998, D. Martin Moore wrote:
>

>> > I'll be heading up north in Oct and am interested in collecting
>> > Rainbow Shiners (N. Chrosomos) in Missisippi . If I could
>incorperate it
>> > into a visit with the Natchez Trace state park I'd be
>there.:)..Any help
>> > outhere on locations, how this species does in an aquarium ,
>durability
>> > etc.................TIA
>>
>> Robert,
>>
>> >From my distro maps they don't occurr in MS, but I'll ask my
>friends
>> at the museum if they've come across any.  Will you be traveling in
>
>> my neck of the woods??
>>

>> Prost,
>>
>> Martin

>> Greater American Freshwater Fishes Resource Site (GAFFeRs):
>http://www.localink4.com/~archimedes/
>>
>> "Fie on thee, fellow!  Whence come these fishes?" - Scheherazade
>>
>> "Any fish with good teeth is liable to use them." - Wm. T. Innes

Robert Rice
Help Preserve our Aquatic Heritage join the NFC
email us at NFC at actwin_com
website  http://nativefish.interspeed.net/

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]