DP humor - old joke some may have missed

One beautiful autumn day, a Park Ranger discovered a man
 sitting in the woods chewing away on a dead Bald Eagle.

 "Hey mister, the Bald Eagle is a protected species, and
 killing one is punishable offence", said the Park Ranger.

 The man was swiftly arrested, and ushered before the judge.

 In court, he pleaded innocent to the charges against him,
 claiming that if he didn't eat the bald eagle he would have
 died from starvation.

 "I was so hungry" complained the defensive camper, "the
 Bald Eagle was the only food I could find!"

 To everyone's amazement, the judge ruled in his favor.

 In the judge's closing statement he asked the man, "I would
 like you to tell me something before I let you go. I have
 never eaten a bald eagle, nor ever plan on it.  But I'd
 like to know: What did it taste like?"

 The man answered, "Well, it tasted like a cross between a
 Whooping Crane and a Spotted Owl."