Re: Conservation Question

I think that is becoming one of the clearest goals of future projects. A
simple adopt a stream approach. With an eye on the need of the native
fish.......///////back to lurker mode/

On Tue, 22 Sep 1998 22:38:15 EDT Phylesis at aol_com writes:
>			Here in South Florida most, about 98% of the
>waters, are canals. Most are
>in very close proximity to roads and highways and are therefore filled
>with
>all manner of ditritus, tires, plastic bags,paper, ect. Cleanup
>projects would
>be the most helpful here. IMHO    However, while in Orlando, a city
>spotted
>with many lakes, I found a most amazing thing has occured. The city
>has
>undertaken a massive project, reclaiming the lakes of the city by
>planting
>them heavily with all manner of marsh and aquatic plant life as
>barriers to
>the polluting runoff from the from adjacent residential and buisiness.
>I found
>this has occured with every lake I visited within the city limits. One
>lake
>had actually been sectioned off by short walls with water flowing from
>one
>section into the other in a string, so that the final stage of this
>system is
>a clear, clean lake. A most amazing and inspiring effort to restore
>freshwater
>habitat in a dencely populated little city. Just thought I'd
>Next

Robert Rice
Help Preserve our Aquatic Heritage join the NFC
email us at NFC at actwin_com
website  http:\\nativefish.interspeed.net\

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]