DP -- Pinewoods Shiner

I have been wanting to ask this question for weeks, but keep forgetting.

 While browsing through my 'Peterson's Field Guide' I came across a
listing of a fish I believe, if memory serves, was the Pinewoods Shiner
(may have been minnow).  Question, does anyone know anything about this
little fish?  Are they a species that can be collected legally?  Anyone
out there ever kept them if they are legal to collect?  It just seemed to
jump off the page at me for some reason, now I'm curious.

Luke McClurg