DP refrigerator liners converted to aquariums and ponds

Years ago, my Dad made breeding tanks of old refrigerator liners.  Kind of
rough looking, but functional.

I've also heard of folks burying them and using them for small ponds.  Can
anyone pass on their experience with obtaining, outfitting as an aquarium,
sealing the holes, attaching glass and using?

 Are there any types of organism you can not put in them?  I've heard the
metal will kill Daphnia.

Also, has anyone tried to dress one up and make it in to a show aquarium?

TIA

Chuck Church
CEFChurch at aol_com
Indianapolis, Indiana USA