Re: FWD msg on BB Sunfish from tayers at bridge_com

Peter Rollo has an article on the NFC website
(http://nativefish.interspeed.net/) on the blackbanded sunfish, which
contains a wealth of information on this species. He would probably be
your best bet for getting a breeding pair.  Robert Rice, President of
the NFC, also has juvenile BB sunfish for sale.  He can be reached at
robertrice at juno_com.He has a listing of available species on the NFC
Bulletin Board at the NFC website. BTW, if you are interested in native
killifish, Robert Rice is a good source - his Fundulus chrysotus are
absolutely outstanding !!!

I think
>- - about the NFC Website. Very nice site.
>
>I raise Killies mostly, but a few years ago I saw these little sunfish
at a
>shop here in Green Bay. They were the Blackbanded Sunfish (Enneacanthus
>chaetodon). I should have bought them on the spot, but I generally like
>check out the species before I pick them up. Naturally when I went
back, they
>were gone, and I've had them in the back of my mind ever since.
>
>I was hoping you could put me in touch with someone who is raising
these fish
>at the present time, and who would be willing to sell a breeding pair
or two
>to me. My e-mail address is BaySharke at aol_com and I live in Green Bay,
WI.

> I notice you are in St Paul. The Wisconsin Area Killifish Organization
is
>having their auction the 8th of November in Milwaukee. If you have ever
>thought about getting a pair of Killies, that is a great place to pick
them
>up. I am in the club and will be there. Ordinarily I would be at the
Minnesota