From: robertrice at juno_com
To: dkchase at hotmail_com
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 16:42:25 -0500
Subject: Re: redbelly dace

Hi Dan,

The way I always gendered them was to set the tempature to 72 degrees
then feed them heavily with blood worms a smashed crawfish. The females
will become engourged with eggs in a week or so you can actually see the
amber color sometimes...Specimens as small as 2 inches have spawned in my
tanks......I'll forward your note to the nFC list to see if anyone else
out there has some tidbits for you. BTW when your life history is
complete I'd love to put it on our website