Re: Collecting fears.......

Hey Everybody,
      I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone,  this is my outlook on
the situation.  Everybody has an opinion on what's right,  but like most
things in life,  if you use things in moderation and wisely, then it is
 alright.
     I've got to way in here, In other words homo sapiens (that's us) are
not part of the environment or the ecosystem they live in.
.   All  things alive and dead a reacted on in a certain environment by
each other.

    I hope this makes some sense?  If not, I'm trying to say is all
creatures use things around them in there daily lives, but recently we
started forgetting where we (humans) fit in,    unless maybe we were
planted here by aliens and really are an introduced species.

   Sorry everyone about going overboard,  but I know we can get along
with and use our natural resources , now that is a fact.
On Tue, 1 Sep 1998 00:23:34 -0700 "Norman Edelen"
<normane at edelendoors_com> writes:
>Hello All,
>
>I can agree with Jay here.  Gambusia affinis tends to produce fry in
>large
>numbers, but also tend to eat their fry in large numbers.  They are
>quite
>cannibalistic.  They also have an accelerated growth rate compared to
>many
>livebearers, believed to be an evolutionary adaptation responding to
>the
>pressures of cannibalism.  They help keep their numbers down
>themselves.
>Add to that fact other predators in the system and you strike some
>sort of
>balance.  Unfortunately Gambusia affinis has been introduced outside
>it's
>native environment, and thus high fecundity can become an aid to
>invading
>these new territories.  In it's native range it really isn't a
>problem.
>
>Norm
>The North American Native Fishes Association:  over
>20 years of conservation efforts, public education, and
>aquarium study of our native fishes.  Check it out at
> www.nanfa.org

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: