Re: Collecting fears.......

Well said, Robert !

But, I think that the main concern among the contributers was not in
numbers or species collected, but rather the effect of captive breeding
resulting in a somewhat different product that may have been inbred, etc.
etc.....

There were one or two comments about not taking any fish from the wild,
while I can appreciate the person's concern, it certainly helps a wild
population in the sense that fewer mouths to feed mean a healthier, more
dynamic population, especially in the case of our most prolific native
species who can quickly overcrowd and overcome their environments; as in
the case of the native mosquitofish, the Gambusia!

As long as the likes of you, NFC and NANFA  continue to educate and foster
good conservation practices with our native fishes, and further learn about
our North American fishes, then their future is preserved for coming
generations!

Regards,

BG