collecting bugs for fish food ( Attn. university types)

It occurs to me that entomologists must have some way of passively sampling
the insects of an area.  (As opposed to running around with a net).  Maybe you
university types could call entomology and pass along how they do it and where
to buy (or how to make) collections equipment.

I have heard of them putting a light behind a white sheet and then hand-
picking the bugs off.

Maybe they could refer us to websites or lists (check archives, start thread)
regarding collecting insects.

Chuck Church
CEFChurch at aol_com
Indianapolis, Indiana USA