Live foods

I have just moved a Log Perch to my 20 long in my office and I know he
is on the prowl when I here the gravel hitting the glass. I believe he
is looking in the substrate for critters to eat. (Correct me if I am
wrong!)

This got me to wondering what we would live in the substrate that
would not be harmful and would supply some food for the fish. My tiny
sunnies are always doing head stands and picking at the gravel for, I
assume, left over food. The Shiners do the same thing but I can see
what they are picking up.

Anyone have any idea or suggestions? Or is this a bad idea?

When I pick up rocks in the shallows I often see "something" crawling
around. I swap rocks out in the 10G in the boathouse ever couple of
weeks in hopes off adding fresh food.

Jeff <*\\><
"Consider carefully what you hear", he continued "With the measure you
use it, it will be measured to you -- and even more.  Whoever has will
be given more; whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken
from him." Mark 4:24,25
www.airnet.net/kudzu/ "Kudzu's Christian Clipart Collection"