Re: Lighting

<< Has anyone tried any of the Daylight bulbs or done any experimenting? >>

I can vouch for the GE Sunlight lamps - they're great, nice and bright with
cool color (I think 6000K) and a good CRI (I think 82).  They run about $5 -
$7 here in East TN.  If you can find them, try the newer delux daylight by
Phillips or GE - each offers lamps in the 4000K-6500K range with CRIs in the
80s or low 90s.  These are as good as any specialty lamp for plants IMHO,
although not quite as bright as an internal reflector lamp.  Standard cool
whites have a CRI of around 62, delux cool whites about 70 if I recall
correctly.

Mike