Re: Pupfish project questionaire

All,

I'vw gone ahead and contacted Both of them. Hopefully they will have some
positive input. OK heres a what if Question...........Id like to see what
kind of support is out there for a potential Pupfish Project.

1. Would you be willing to make a small Cash donation that would go
directly to support the aquarium maintinence of extripated pupfish
species ?

2. Would you be willing to put 1 tank or pond in use and maintain a
single species in it. Document behavior and life histories ?

3. Would you eat green eggs and Ham , Would you could you Sam I am. ? :)

Robert Rice

Save A Native Eat An Oscar <:)((((<
Check Out the Native Fish Conservancy at
email  NFC at actwin_com   or  website  http:\\nativefish.interspeed.net\

On Wed, 12 Aug 1998 08:27:54 -0400 mbinkley at earthling_net (Mark Binkley)
writes:
>If anyone gets inspired by this, I suggest contacting the American
>Killifish Assoc (http://www.aka.org/) and getting on their email
>lists.
>Also, though I don't know Juan Miguel Artigas Azas
>(juan at cichlidae_com) and
>Rhonda Wilson <rhondawi at m6_sprynet.com> personally, from what I know
>about
>them, I'm confident they would welcome inquiries on obtaining and
>preserving these species.  Check out Juan Miguel's excellent web site:
>http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/1464/
>

>>Read this folks,
>>
>>Thanks for the input.......I , since I came out of lurker mode
>today:)
>>Place a challenge befor this list. What can we do to preserve some of
>>these fishes. We are several years away from having the proper
>habitat
>>restoration needed to get the long term  job done. However our
>breeders
>>program may be able to step in and fill the temporary gap. How do we
>go
>>about aquiring and rearing some of these extinct in the wild species
>?
>>
>> To make things  more interesting if we  can get a program setup I
>will
>>devote an entire column in TFH to this worthwhile program. Giving
>credit
>>where it is due ACN,  NFC  whomever....I personally would love to see
>>list of exstinct in the wild species maintained by aquarist !!!
>Anyway
>>back to lurker mode :)
>>

>>Robert Rice
>>
>>Save A Native Eat An Oscar <:)((((<
>>Check Out the Native Fish Conservancy at
>>email  NFC at actwin_com   or  website
>http:\\nativefish.interspeed.net\

>>You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail.
>>Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com
>>Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: