Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 18:47:29 -0400 (EDT)
From: owner-nfc at actwin_com
To: owner-nfc at actwin_com
Subject: BOUNCE nfc at actwin_com:    Non-member submission from ["bockj" <bockj at erols_com>]

>From jwiegert at nexus_v-wave.com  Sun Aug  9 18:47:28 1998
From: "bockj" <bockj at erols_com>
To: <nanfa at aquaria_net>, <NFC at actwin_com>
Subject: Re: NANFA-- Lighting
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 08:49:00 -0400

A couple of issues or so ago, Rob Carillio of Ohio wrote that native fish
looked best under one of those full spectrum bulbs that had been lightly
misted with blue spray paint.  Unless you live next to the factory, like
Carillio does, those full spectrum bulbs go for about $15.00 or $20.00
apiece.  I wonder if the blue spray paint misting would have the same
effect on a (cheaper) cool white bulb?

I think that blue is the light wavelength that travels most easily through
water.  And since fish's colors evolved to be seen by other fish, that
might explain why they look best in an aquarium with blue tinted lighting.

--
Association