Lighting

This may be one of those things no one gives much thought but coming
from Aquatic Plants as my main focus I think about lighting a lot! I
am wondering if any of you have played with different colors (color
temperatures) of lighting on your tanks and what you prefer. As far as
fish showing their best colors that is.

I have one tank that has a Grow Lamp bulb. This is made for plants and
it is a pink color. The fish look OK under it but that is about all I
can say for it. The Longears are really not very attractive under this
light. Their colors just don't show up well at all.

In my planted 60 I have 4 Cool Whites and the fish (no natives) look
more natural to me. Of course these fish have never been seen by me in
the daylight either. On my 20g and 10g I have a (read cheap) clip on
light with a standard 60 watt light bulb. Again I don't really like
that one either. However it is better than the Grow light.

Has anyone tried any of the Daylight bulbs or done any experimenting?
I just caught some Spotfin Shiners that are in breeding colors (faint
blue) and in the past once they make it to the house the colors are
not nearly as good as they are in the daylight.

Jeff <*\\><
"Consider carefully what you hear", he continued "With the measure you
use it, it will be measured to you -- and even more.  Whoever has will
be given more; whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken
from him." Mark 4:24,25
www.airnet.net/kudzu/ "Kudzu's Christian Clipart Collection"