Re: Fwd: BAIT FOR MINNOW TRAPS

Ive used fish traps with shrimp , crab meat and hot dogswith good
success....latley I have been trying dry fly fishing with some good
success..... Even catch a few bass on em.....

Robert Rice

Save A Native Eat An Oscar <:)((((<
Check Out the Native Fish Conservancy at
email  NFC at actwin_com   or  website  http:\\nativefish.interspeed.net\

On Thu, 6 Aug 1998 00:42:10 EDT CEFCHURCH at aol_com writes:

>--part0_902378531_boundary
>

>--part0_902378531_boundary
>
>From: CEFCHURCH at aol_com
>To: nanfa at aquaria_net
>Subject: BAIT FOR MINNOW TRAPS
>Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 00:38:22 EDT
>
>I have sometimes use minnow traps and wonder what others use for bait.
> I've
>used stale bread, cat & dog food (dried) and everytime I eat fried
>chicken, I
>throw the remains in a sealed bag in the freezer and then use those.
>Somewhere I heard that canned cat & dog food can be used.  Haven't it
>yet, but
>figure I could tie some up in pieces of old pany hose or take a
>plastic pill
>container and drill holes in it.  Maybe freeze up a batch and use them
>as
>needed.
>
>I'd like to come up with something that will attract small predators.
>caught a Grass Pike once, but suspect he just happened to swim in by
>accident.
>
>Another thing, I wonder what will work in the winter here in Indiana.
>

>What have you folks successfully used?  And what seems to have failed.
>
>--part0_902378531_boundary--

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]