RE: Need California native fish

-----Original Message-----
From:	mcclurg luke e [SMTP:mcclurgl at washburn_edu]
Sent:	Wednesday, July 29, 1998 5:49 PM
To:	nfc at actwin_com
Subject:	Re: Need California native fish

Can this be done for people from out of state who might be interested in
CA natives as well?

LUKE

The reg's I have don't say, but I would think that is more dependent upon your own state's law.  I'm sure any California registered aquaculturist could ship to you without your needing a CA permit.

Martin

On Tue, 28 Jul 1998, D. Martin Moore wrote:

> > D. Martin
> > I am interested in this info also lists of species and a source would be
> > helpful
> > also what is the permit like???
> Steve,
>
> A private stocking permit costs $34.25.  Some areas do not require a
> permit if you keep certain species  The application is only 1 page.
> It's rather simple.  But the instructions are 9 pages long!  But not
> too bad.  You must list the species you wish to keep, and who you are
> getting them from.
>
> Most of the fishes raised are commercially important rather than the
> fish you and I would like to keep.  If you send me a wish list I'll
> tell you where to get it, if available.  You can get your own copy of
> the list of registered aquaculturists (28 pages worth) by writing :
>
> State of California
> The Resources Agency
> Department of Fish and Game
> PO Box 944290
> Sacramento, CA  94244-2090
>
> Ask for an application for a private stocking permit too, and a copy
> of Inland Fisheries informational leaflet #6 "Regulations Governing
> Private Stocking of Aquatic Plants and ANinmals (Noncommercial)".
>
> Prost,
>
> Martin

> Greater American Freshwater Fishes Resource Site (GAFFeRs):  http://www.localink4.com/~archimedes/
>
> "Fie on thee, fellow!  Whence come these fishes?" - Scheherazade
>
> "Any fish with good teeth is liable to use them." - Wm. T. Innes

Unrecognized Data: application/ms-tnef