Re: hellbenders

Hellbenders are a member of the Salamander group of amphibians.  They are
native to the SouthEastern US.  They are completely aaquatic, and ugly as
sin.  They are characterized by skin that looks about three to four sizes
too big for them, an affinity for cold water, brown colouring, and large
gills, if I remmeber correctly.  They are widely believed to be venomous
or poisonous.  THey're frequently taken by fishermen, as they'll eat
anything.  Most will cut the line rather than touch these terrible
monsters.

><>
J. L. Wiegert                            NFC at actwin_com List Admin
Come Chat at SomeThing Fishy             To join: Send e-mail to
Telnet to:                               nfc-request at actwin_com with
Nexus.V-Wave.Com, port 7000              the command 'subscribe' in
                                         the body.  To leave, use
www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/2308  'unsubscribe'.
 Dubotchugh yIpummoH.                      bI'IQchugh Yivang!

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, mcclurg luke e wrote:

> What are hellbenders?
>

> LM
>

> On Tue, 28 Jul 1998 Prizma at aol_com wrote:
>
> > moonman...
> > i believe hellbenders are common across a wide expanse of n america. i caught
> > them in a clear stream by turning over stones while snorkling. flowing water
> > about 2' deep.
> > my second time to encounter them in the same type environment. trout fisherman
> > often catch them.
> > casper
> > they eat just about anything they can catch.

Follow-Ups: References: