Re: Large tank/fluidized bed

Hello Jeff

If you use a fluidized bed filter, they can be run by powerheads.  I use
penguin 550 or 1150 with the large sponge prefilter used for the reverse
flow or biowheel systems.

These filters can be made out of pvc pipe for around $10 for the first
one.  You have to buy a 10' 2 inch diameter pipe, the most expensive
part of the filter and after that you just have to buy the fittings.

I have one running on every tank over 35 gallons and they work great.

Good Luck
Dave Lains