Re: making armor for a living

The 'chain mail' stuff probably wouldn't protect you from a snake's
attack.  It's more of a puncture than a cut.  That's why I recommend
something like a tough plastic...protects better from a puncture.  As I
understand it, the stuff divers use help protect them from sharks since
the shark shakes his head when he attacks and uses his teeth as a saw,
even though the initially cause punctures.  Anyway, that's what I saw on a
"nature" show I watched. (chain mail was originally designed to protect
from cuts and 'solid' armors more for punctures...if that helps clear
things up)

My friends actually make medieval style armor.  I used to, and they still
do belong to a group of recreationists that center on medieval history.
Use to do the sword fighting and armor wearing and all that jazz.  Then I
got too fat and blew my knee out... ouch!  :(

LM