Re: Re: Large tank construction

In my experience (my personal folly), a larger tank does not become any
easier to maintain because you just put more and bigger fish in it.  The
volume per fish stays the same unless you have enough self-control to keep
the population down.  If you can stick with small species, your low
filtration principal may work.

>If I understand the workings of a natural set up and if you intend to very
>heavilly plant this large tank then filtration may not be nescessary beyond
>the natural workings of the plants.Perhaps your main concern then would be
>water movement through the water column and substrate. Maybe a hole in the
>bottom of the tank with a valve to perge for water changes, drawing water
>through the subsrtate. I think the larger the set up the easier it is to
>maintain a natural working mini-ecosystem. Or simply UG with powerheads. Just
>a thought.
>Daryl

Mark Binkley
Columbus Ohio USA          <))><
mbinkley at earthling_net

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach him
to use "the Net" and he won't bother you for weeks.