Re: Freshwater Sponges (Was ZEBRA MUSSELS A BAD THING :( )

-----Original Message-----
From: mcclurg luke e <mcclurgl at washburn_edu>

>I read in "Ripleys Believe it or Not" that there are some sharks in a
>freshwater lake somewhere around Nicaragua.  Anyone know if thats true?

Lake Nicaragua has bullsharks in it. If memory serves me correctly, they
were once considered a separate species, but someone found that they were
just bullsharks taking a freshwater vacation. Bullsharks have a nasty
reputation around the world when they are in freshwater. Wouldn't that be a
shock to the system--being attacked by a shark in freshwater. You've got to
feel like you just aren't living right when something like that happens.

Ed Matheson

Ed