Re: Freshwater Sponges (Was ZEBRA MUSSELS A BAD THING :( )

They are a shrimp.  They live in temporary pools in the Desert SW (I
believe...but that could be wrong)  The adults lay eggs and die, then the
eggs blow around with the wind until another pool forms and they hatch.
Sometimes it can take years.  I bought a batch of commercially sold eggs a
month back but didn't have much luck with it.  (1 stinkin' shrimp).  I'll
take some eggs too if you have enough.

Luke McClurg
P.O. Box 141
Meriden, KS 66512