Re: Now Never returned to the wild

Not quite proof of ich being transferred from aquariums but I will concede the
possibility.  Even so I have read sources that stated that ich was not a
danger to wild fish except under unusual circumstances like environmental
stress from over crowding, pollution, much the same as aquarium fish.
Obviously that doesn't mean that we shouldn't be concerned about disease, and
the trout and prawn issues highlight the danger.  My main concern is that we
as aquarium hobbyists could be put completely out of business by broadly
interpreted laws that might be used to prevent the import of aquarium fishes.
Many states already have laws that have restricted some aspects of the animal
husbandry hobby because of unbased or unlikely fears or dangers.  I understand
that in California you can't collect fish from the wild for aquarium use at
all.  That's a nightmare, and we all know that once a law is passed repealing
it is much harder than the initial passing.

Michael