RE: Now Never returned to the wild

If my memory serves I believe this whole thread started when some one (
in Kansas ) said that they caught fish in a river a stocked them in a
farm pond.  See last paragraph and explain why it's OK now and again for
R. Rice ?  I think some where this has come a full circle !!

If the word is "Once Caught, Once Bought, NEVER Returned to the Wild"
under any circumstances then I believe that strictly adhering to this
motto will put a stop to all restocking efforts by any organization or
individual of any and all waters.  Any out door water containment will
in time over flow  because of either to much water (rain, snow melt,
spring or fall run off ) or silting in, therefore all fish relocated by
any means are subject to being released back to the wilds with all the
evils as mentioned.  Are you sure you want to take this stance ?

Gay

On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, mcclurg luke e wrote:
Just a couple of points.
	> we try to do things such as species reintroductions whether
from captive
	> or wild caught stock.  A perfect example (to me anyway) of
when this
	> policy should not be in effect is R. Rice's "The Resurrection
of Fox Den
	> Lake".  (sorry to drag you into this Robert)  :)  And again, I
do on
	> occasions capture and use wild caught fishes to stock farm
ponds.

No disagreement there as long as it is done based on as local a stock as
possible.