Re: Now Never returned to the wild

My point is that disease is spread quite naturally from place to place even
from one continent to another.  I would like to see some proof that ich was
introduced from aquariums to the wild in North America, it seems unlikely.
Ich is pretty much universal in distribution and seldom has any real effect in
the wild on healthy fish populations.  Some odd disease do turn up in fish
hatcheries from time to time, mostly from the effects of inbreeding on the
immune system of the subject fishes.

Michael