Re: Now Never returned to the wild

A fish could actually do the entire moving, theoretically.  Think of
Salmon, which swim all the way upstrea (Though, I don't know if you'd find
salmon in the Missisipi).  Imagine one getting infected with Disease A,
which only lives downstream, and hasn't migrated due to a large section
where Disease B, which to outcompete A produces an antibody, lives.  The
salmon swims through the area where B lives, and out, without A dying
becauyse our salmon was lucky enough to not get infected with B, and
therefore has no antibody.  Unfortunately, Disease A and fatigue kill our
poor salmon, and disease A now lives upstream.
Many other organisms are likley to do the same thing.  Toads always return
to the pond they were, is spawned the correct word?, spawned in.  However,
they may live some distance away.  Toads are certainly able to carry
microorganisms, especially if they stop or cross another body of water
The list goes on and on.  Lets not get overly anal retentive about this,
or become so extreme that we take the fun out of our hobby.
 ><>
J. L. Wiegert                            NFC at actwin_com List Admin
Come Chat at SomeThing Fishy             To join: Send e-mail to
Telnet to:                               nfc-request at actwin_com with
Nexus.V-Wave.Com, port 7000              the command 'subscribe' in
                                         the body.  To leave, use
www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/2308  'unsubscribe'.
 Dubotchugh yIpummoH.                      bI'IQchugh Yivang!