Re: Need some help!

>>I agree with Peter. I had a single male Gambusia in a tank with fish
which
were all much larger than he was. Although, I rarely saw him bothering
the
other fish, many of them constantly had ripped fins, and these
injuries
sometimes developed fungus. After removing the little devil, all of
these
problems disappeared. Bottom line: never trust a mosquitofish.<<
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well I sat one day and really watched the tank and its members. I got
to noticing that the two small male Gambusia  (1/2 long) we constantly
following the two females. After a while I realized they were chasing
the females and nipping at her fins. I never saw them do that to
others but probably were! They are all now back at home in the huge
aquarium in my back yard (Tennessee River)

I am going to get some salt and add to the tank. Then I will catch
some more and see what happens. If I am injuring the fish it would
have to be with the dip net. I dip the fish and put them in a 5 gallon
bucket. When I transfer them to the tank I pour the contents slowly
into the tank. The only exception is when I am gathering minnows for
feeders and sometimes there are some Silversides in that. They get
dipped in with a net. BTW I noticed one still alive in my 60 gallon
the other day. He escaped being a meal and hides in the floating
plants. He seems to be healthy and just may make it!

Thanks for the input guys. While I hate killing fish I am enjoying
learning how to keep them too.

Jeff <*\\><
"Consider carefully what you hear", he continued "With the measure
you use it, it will be measured to you -- and even more.  Whoever has
will
be given more; whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken
from
him." Mark 4:24,25
www.airnet.net/kudzu/ "Kudzu's Christian Clipart Collection"