Re: Need some help!

-----Original Message-----
From: peter.unmack at ASU_Edu <peter.unmack at ASU_Edu>
To: nfc at actwin_com <nfc at actwin_com>
Date: Wednesday, July 01, 1998 10:20 PM
Subject: Re: Need some help!

>On Wed, 1 Jul 1998, Kudzu wrote:
>
>> >Have you considered aggression?
>>
>> Yes and it's not aggression in this tank. The Silversides only tank mates
>> are some very young and very small Bluegill that occupy the bottom of the
>> tank, some Gambusia fish and some very young bass. I have this tank in my
>> office and get to watch them most of the day.
>
>In my experience Gambusia tend to nip the fins of other fish.  I'd remove
>them, or at least try again with silversides in a tank lacking gambies.
>
>Tootles
>Peter Unmack

I agree with Peter. I had a single male Gambusia in a tank with fish which
were all much larger than he was. Although, I rarely saw him bothering the
other fish, many of them constantly had ripped fins, and these injuries
sometimes developed fungus. After removing the little devil, all of these
problems disappeared. Bottom line: never trust a mosquitofish.

Ed Matheson