Re: NFC Public Exposure................

Robert,

	A bit of an update. In the past I have worked as a volunteer for other
non profit organizations. We produced what we called "cry letters" that
asked for donations.
	Occasionally from the local newspapers and appropriate magazines, we
asked for some of their "extra" space, that is the space that's left
over that needs to be filled with some copy, but is too valuable to just
leave blank, as the look of the pages needs to be filled out of course.
That's where you see the multiple copies of ads run for weeks on end at
times. The papers would like to have something else to put here if
possible, but don't want to give the spot to just anyone, as that sort
of kills the paying customer base if they do too much of that.
	That's where the appropriate non profit organization can come in. If we
provide them with unsolicited copy, free for them to use as they need it
to fill this space with, often I have gotten good responses from editors
with this sort of thing. This is not a new idea, been used by folks for
years.
	With this background in mind, I have contacted the national
headquarters of the Thrifty Nickel, and they sent me a list of all the
Thrifty Nickel publishing sites in the US. The list follows for anyone
that cares to pursue this sort of idea with a local Thrifty Nickel.
	Of course, magazines of various sort also have this situation in their
classified sections, and even sometimes will offer even more if photo
ready copy is provided. I no longer have the access to the equipment to
set up good copy for this purpose, but perhaps others on the list will
be able to look into this.

	I will be contacting the Thrifty Nickel editors in the following
publishing distribution cities: Fort Smith, AR; Monroe, LA; Shreveport,
LA; Alexandria, LA; Greenville,MS; Jackson, MS; Dallas, TX; Longview,
TX; and Texarkana, TX.

	Perhaps an ongoing relationship can be established with one or more of
these editors that will benefit their interests as well as ours.
Hopefully some others on this list will find the list of contact
addresses useful as well.

	In addition over the weekend I will compile a list of magazines that
may have an interest in this sort of idea for us, and start contacting
some of them as well. Anyone with contacts or suggestions on approach
please feel free to offer advise!

Herb

Here is the list of Thrifty Nickel sites:
Abilene, Texas
Abilene, TX 79603
915-673-4521
915-673-4525

Alamogordo, New Mexico
PO Box 2045
Alamogordo, NM 88310
505-434-0928
505-434-4634

Alexandria, Louisiana
2052 Rapides Ave.
Alexandria, LA 71301
318-445-0163
318-445-2772

Amarillo, Texas
1612 washington
Amarillo, TX 79102
806-376-8663
806-376-5219

Auburn/Opelika, Alabama
3710 Pepperell Pkwy Midway Plaza
Opelika, AL 36801
334-742-9700
334-742-9420

Austin, Texas
2409 Richcreek
Austin, TX 78757
512-452-7653
512-452-7665

Beaumont, Texas
3175 Calder Avenue
Beaumont, TX 77702
409-832-6330
403-832-1944

Birmingham, Alabama
619 Robert Jemison Rd. Suite 200
Birmingham, AL 35209
205-942-2555
205-942-5770

Four Corner's Thrifty Nickel
928 East Main Street
Farmington, NM 87401
505-327-7261
505-327-3025

Boise, Idaho
3612 Overland
Boise, Idaho 83705, ID
208-344-4358
208-344-4351

 Bowling Green, KY
900 Fairview Ave.
Bowling Green, KY 42012
502-783-4444
  502-783-4394

Brownfield, Texas
301 W. Broadway
Brownfield, TX 79316
806-637-3646
806-637-3406

Bryan / College Station, Texas
923 S.Texas Ave.
Bryan, TX 77803
409-822-7899
409-822-9098

Champaign, Illinois
61 east university p.o. box
3882(61826-3882)
champaign, IL 61820
217-356-4804
217-356-4970

Clearwater/ St. Petersburg, Florida
1703 S. Missouri Ave.
Clearwater, FL 34616
813-584-1923
813-584-3921

Clovis, New Mexico
 P. O. Box 1140 (88102-1140)
Clovis, NM 88101
505-769-2183
505-762-7211

Columbus, Georgia
2908 Macon Road
Columbus, Ga 31906
706-571-3463
706-327-8075

Corpus Christi, Texas
1308 Airline Rd
Corpus Christi, TX 78412
512-980-0008
512-980-1088

Council Bluffs, Iowa
P. O. Box 6569
Omaha, NE 68106
402-342-4426
402-342-2706

Dallas, Texas
511 East Camp Wisdom
Duncanville, TX 75116
972-709-9995
972-709-2788

Dothan, Alabama
2805 Ross Clark Circle
Dothan, AL 36301
334-792-5503
334-794-0050

Evansville, Indiana
1301 E. Morgan Ave
Evansville, IN 47411
812-428-8484
812-428-8491

Four Corner's Thrifty Nickel
928 East Main Street
 Farmington, NM 87401
505-327-7261
 505-326-3025

Fresno, California
1052 E. Olive Ave.
Fresno, CA 93728
209-486-1111
209-486-1157

Ft. Collins, Colorado
325 East Mulberry
Ft. Collins, CO 80524
970-493-2560
970-493-3804

Fort Smith, Arkansas
725 North Greenwood/P O Box 2746
Ft Smith, AR 72913
tnickel at ipa_net

Ft. Walton Beach, Florida
2 Maples Street
Ft. Walton Beach, FL 32548
904-243-6771
904-664-0865

Ft. Worth, Texas Metroplex
2800 West Lancaster P.o. Box
470113(76147-0113)
Ft. Worth, TX 76107
817-870-0055
817-870-1105

Gainesville, Georgia
457 Dawsonville Highway
Gainsville, GA 30501
770-533-9494

Gallup, New Mexico
1900 A E. HWY
Gallup, NM 87301
505-722-2895
509-722-3817

Greeley, Colorado
2422 West 10th Street
Greeley, CO 80631
970-351-7880
970-351-7934

Greensboro, North Carolina
4516 W. Market St.
Greensboro, North Carolina, NC 27407
910-297-4300
910-297-4399

Greenville, Mississippi
Greenville, MS 38701
601-332-9933
601-355-9933

Hattiesburg, Mississippi
2507 West 4th Street
Hattiesburg, MS 39402
601-583-0300
601-583-4500

Hobbs, New Mexico
801 East Bender
Hobbs, NM 88241
505-393-5991
505-393-6092

Idaho Falls, Idaho
498 Cleveland
Idaho Falls, ID 83401
208-529-9360
208-529-9491

Indianapolis, Indiana
359 E. Thompson Rd.
Indianapolis, IN 46227
 317-782-8111
317-782-0882

Jackson, Mississippi
3028 Terry Road
Jackson, MS 39212
601-371-3000
601-371-1717

Jackson, Tennessee
2189 North Highland
Jackson, TN 38305
901-660-6924
901-660-1465

Kansas City, Missouri
12103 East 43rd
Kansas City, MO 64133
816-356-8790

Knoxville, Tennessee
P.O.Box 30459
Knoxville, TN 37930
423-531-6061
423-531-3493

LaGrange, Georgia
150 Commerce Ave.
La Grange, GA 30240
 706-882-9953
706-812-8888

Denver, Colorado
1360 Carr Street
Lakewood, CO 80215
303-233-7277
303-238-9499

Las Cruces, New Mexico
580 South Valley, #100
Las Cruces, NM 88005
505-527-3463
505-527-3467

Lawton, Oklahoma
302 NW Sheridan Rd
Lawton, OK 73505
580-357-5311
580-357-0271

Lincoln, Nebraska
1240 North 48th Street
Lincoln, NE 68504-4680
402-466-8502
402-466-8131

Longview, Texas
434 E. Loop 281 #101
Longview, Tx 75605
903-758-6900
903-758-8181

Louisville, Kentucky
4312 Bishop Lane
Louisville, KY 40218
502-458-5400
502-458-5596

Lubbock, Texas
4502 50th
Lubbock, TX 79414
806-793-9990
806-793-9922

Lufkin, Texas
216 North First Street
Lufkin, TX 75901
409-632-5550
409-632-5055

Merritt Island / Melbourne, Florida
240 S. Courtenay Pkwy.
Merritt Island, FL 32952
407-459-0092
407-452-0103

Mobile, Alabama
764 Downtowner Loop West
Mobile, AL 36609
334-344-5454
334-344-5743

Monroe, Louisiana
 500 North 21st Street PO Box 14655
Monroe, LA 71201
318-325-1022
318-325-1032

Nashville Tennessee
223 Donelson Pike
Nashville, TN 37214
615-872-9992
615-872-8715

National Marketplace, Colorado
723 North Weber, Suite 201
Colorado Springs, Co 80903
719-473-1090
719-633-0153

North Atlanta, Georgia
1500 Roswell
Marietta, GA 30062
770-971-8333
770-578-1673

Northern Virginia
127 South Washington
Falls Church, VA 22046
703-536-5700

Odessa/Midland, Texas
2611 N. Golder
Odessa, Tx 79761
915-333-4184
915-333-1517

Omaha, Nebraska
P. O. Box 6569
Omaha, NE 68106-0569
402-342-4426
402-342-2706

Orlando, Florida
1500 W. Fairbanks Ave.
Winter Park, FL 32789
407-647-5556
407-647-5591

Owensboro, Kentucky
629 East 21st Street Po box 37
Owensboro, KY 42301
502-683-5557
502-683-5689

Paducah, Kentucky
1118 Jefferson Street
Paducah, KY 42001
502-443-5655
502-444-8350

Panama City, Florida
2317 East 15th
Panama City, FL 32405
850-747-1155
850-784-6928

Pensacola, Florida
225 North Pace Boulevard
Pensacola, Fl 32505
850-469-9712
850-469-9718

Peoria, Illinois
7501 N. University St. Suite 107
Peoria, IL 61614
309-693-1155
309-693-1164

Orem/Provo, Utah
395 East 1070 South
Orem, UT 84097
801-225-8007
801-225-9004

Pueblo, Colorado
811 W. 4th St.
Pueblo, CO 81003
719-544-4752
719-545-0215

Rockford/Loves Park, Illiniois
1523 Windsor Rd.
Lovee Park, IL 61111
815-282-0609
815-282-0669

Roswell, New Mexico
123 E 3rd St
Roswell, NM 88201
505-623-0928
505-627-9172

Salt Lake City, Utah
7097 South State Street
Midvale, UT 84047
801-255-8200
801-255-3677

San Angelo, Texas
15 North Tyler
San Angelo, TX 76901
915-944-7653
915-944-0387

San Antonio, Texas
7900 Jones maltsberger Road PO Box 790609
San Antonio, TX 78216
210-824-7554
210-824-3004

Shreveport, Louisiana