Re: Newbie question

On Thu, 2 Jul 1998, Steve Gates wrote:

> I have a seine that I don't use very often, but when I do, I always use
> poles.

There is a good alternative to poles too.  Just tie a short loop of rope from
the top end to the bottom end.  Put your foot on the bottom and hold the top
in the other, pull it tight against your foot and you can seine ok.  Mind you,
you typically cannot move as quickly through the water though.

                      |---------XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
hold the top here  -> |         XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
                      |         XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
                      |         XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
                      |         XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
                      |         XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
                      |         XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
put your foot here -> |         XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
                      |---------XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Tootles
Peter Unmack