Re: Newbie question

I fish primarily for darters.  I simply use two green aquarium fish nets.
One is a 4-6" wide one, the other a 2-4"one.  In a shallow area, I hold
the larger one snug to the bottom.  Witht he smaller one, I chase the fish
towards the larger net, moving it as needed.  I'll move or kick rocks
around, whatever, to get them moving out in the open water where I can
catch them using this technique.
Often, I'll take the net from a seine, and use it as a bag, floating just
past a large set of rocks or something, a sort of U around them.  Kicking
the rocks around, and combining it with the green nets.  This usually
works well.
For more swimming fishes, I simply swoosh a green net thru areas of heavy
vegetation, or near a school.  For fishes like sunfish, I use a fly, or a
bit of yarn tied on a hook.  Guess that is a fly, sorta, but... :)

><>
J. L. Wiegert                            NFC at actwin_com List Admin
Come Chat at SomeThing Fishy             To join: Send e-mail to
Telnet to:                               nfc-request at actwin_com with
Nexus.V-Wave.Com, port 7000              the command 'subscribe' in
                                         the body.  To leave, use
www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/2308  'unsubscribe'.
 Dubotchugh yIpummoH.                      bI'IQchugh Yivang!