Silversides and fungus

Well I can keep 80% of my Silversides alive for 4-6 days and then they come
down with a white fungus on them and die very quickly. I have lost all but
two and one of those now has the fungus. I had even figured out a way to get
these guys to eat after a couple of days.

So what do I need to do to prevent the fungus from forming or treat it? I
have not used salt in any of my tanks because of the plants. Would that help
maybe?

Jeff <*\\><
"Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds
on the heel that has crushed it" Mark Twain
www.airnet.net/kudzu/ "Kudzu's Christian Clipart Collection"