Re: Need some help!

How big is the longear?  They're not very nice to minnows or siversides.  I
doubt pH is a problem, but try dripping tank water into a container holding
the new residents before adding them.  I assume you are allowing adjustment
of the temperature prior to adding new fish.  Does your power head have a
venturi to blow bubbles into the outflow?  This will increase oxygen levels
and help wild fish.  Also consider the temperature of the water from which
your new fish are collected.  If it is significantly cooler than that of
your tanks, that can be a major stressor even with adjustment over a day or
two.  Most tanks run at much lower oxygen levels than a flowing stream,
especially at lower temperatures.  Also, losses are often unavoidable when
taking wild fish.  It's a big adjustment for them.

You probably will not be able to keep minnows with a longear as it gets
bigger. They are natural enemies.