Re: More questions on the Exotic Removal Program

Really?  I'm quite surprised.  THough, I guess I shouldn't be.
They'd get to be a problem anywhere one introduced them ...

><>
J. L. Wiegert                            NFC at actwin_com List Admin
Come Chat at SomeThing Fishy             To join: Send e-mail to
Telnet to:                               nfc-request at actwin_com with
Nexus.V-Wave.Com, port 7000              the command 'subscribe' in
                                         the body.  To leave, use
www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/2308  'unsubscribe'.
 Dubotchugh yIpummoH.                      bI'IQchugh Yivang!

On Tue, 30 Jun 1998, Herb Harris wrote:

> Josh,
>
> 	Be sure to check the status of the Zebras, both where you are, and
> where they would be going. Many places they are on the OUTLAW list, no
> possession for any purpose. All you can do with them is remove them from
> any boat props, tanks, ect. These are dangerous critters in their own
> right, as they are so easy to transport inadvertently, as you indicate.
>
> Herb
>
> Josh Wiegert wrote:
> >
> > I'll send you some zebras next time I can.  I'm not sure how well they're
> > fair shipping, but...  The trouble is, that they can be released by waste
> > water, like the ballasts that brought them here.
> >
> > ><>
> > J. L. Wiegert                            NFC at actwin_com List Admin
> > Come Chat at SomeThing Fishy             To join: Send e-mail to
> > Telnet to:                               nfc-request at actwin_com with
> > Nexus.V-Wave.Com, port 7000              the command 'subscribe' in
> >                                          the body.  To leave, use
> > www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/2308  'unsubscribe'.
> > -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> >  Dubotchugh yIpummoH.                      bI'IQchugh Yivang!
> >
> > On Tue, 30 Jun 1998 Moontanman at aol_com wrote:
> >
> > > I'm confused, if the rainbow cichlid eats algae and no other fish does, it's
> > > prolific nature would mean more small fish for predators to eat and the fish
> > > themselves wouldn't be in Competition with any natives..  I can't believe a
> > > large mouth bass wouldn't eat a small cichlid, or a pike.  I once had a
> > > flathead catfish eat 12 small piranha after they harassed him all day, the
> > > night belonged to him!  I know we are supposed to believe in zero tolerance,
> > > but wouldn't it make sense to zero in on species that compete for the same
> > > niches that native fish fill?  I would love to have some zebra mussels in my
> > > fish tank, would be wild addition, and yes I would never let them loose in the
> > > wild.  We have some neat clams and mussels here that would be shameful to let
> > > a competitor loose that would starve them.
> > >

> --
> The statements and opinions made by Herb Harris in the
> foregoing message do not represent anyone else.
> Sponsor a Native at home, work, and school.
> Become a Native Fish Sponsorship Partner,
> Join the NFC Breeders Program!
> For Applications:  http://www.webspawner.com/users/NFCBPMAPP1/

Follow-Ups: References: