Re: Picking on the exotics...:)

ALL<

That list is being  developed. The entire program is just a few weeks old
so give it some time. Fish Traps are a good way to go I'd say.

In regards to the concerns that this is not a complete solution , or what
about the exotics up north. I agree this is an imperfect solution but it
is a start wich is far better than doing nothing. People have gotten into
a habit of throwing away the good in search of the perfect. I'd be
thrilled to find a perfect solution but until then I'll settle for the
good wich is a general removal of aquarium species where they are found
:)

Robert Rice

Save A Native Eat An Oscar <:)((((<

Check Out the Native Fish Conservany at NFC at actwin_com

On Mon, 29 Jun 1998 15:41:50 EDT Moontanman at aol_com writes:
>Is there a list of the exotics you would expect to find in any given
>area?  Is
>south Florida the main region NFC intends concentrate their efforts?
>Have
>fish traps been ok'ed for use in this effort?  Properly set fish traps
>can
>catch virtually every fish in a pond, a large number of fish traps set
>and
>maintained over a several months should make quite a dent in the
>exotic fish
>population and allow for the unharmed release of native fish.  A log
>book
>should be kept of each trap and the number and species of fish caught
>(both
>native and exotic).  That way any trends in species captured could be
>charted.
>

>Michael

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: