Re: silversides

*****
 Here's a quick 'two cents' from an amateur...when collecting, carry
several battery powered air pumps with you and keep your water well
oxygenated that way.  Also, try using ice.  It's an old fisherman's trick
from around here.  Dumping ice on the fish...in MODERATE amounts will cool
them and seems to calm them.  Of course, if their metabolism is slowed by
the cooler water they would be calmer. :-)  Maybe everybody knows this
stuff already, but I thought I'd mention it just the same.  It has worked
wonders for me.  I have managed to bring home alive several dozen shiners
in one 5 gal. bucket in about 3 inches of water on an 8 hour drive using a
these techniques.

Luke

********