Re: Dealing with the real fish? problem

Really Peter, you got to get that membership off to context cutter's
anonymous soon, they miss your talents! ";)

You forgot to respond to the part of my message that takes up your
reply:
>      I don't want this to misconstrued here. I am all for appropriate
>control measures being in place. But they need to be effective even >when "big dude" has his back turned. The control agencies can't be >everywhere all the time. What is well in hand today might very well be >out of control by this time three years from now without either large >sums spent on enforcement, or cooperation of the states in at least
>considering educational proposals.

	Of course vested interest can abound in any field, eh? Human nature is
just that. So, No, don't throw away the laws, but don't bankrupt the
states with needless enforcement either. If more people are given
opportunities to have personal contact with native fish, they will start
to care, and as you say, we have to start somewhere! Ask any teacher, as
you yourself know full well, its hard, if not impossible to get someone
to learn something they don't care about. Lifestyles of the fish 'n
famous is no exception. Next fish kill YOU run across, ask yourself
could this have been prevented by someone that cared? If you say yes to
this more than once again in your lifetime, you might consider where
you're standing, cause its sinkin fast.

Best to you, keep in touch,

Herb

PS. If you don't think there's rednecks everywhere round here too, do
like Bubba, try stepping out the house to take a leak, like as not the
truck driver passin on the highway will flip ya off! Sorry bunch a
yahoos!

Follow-Ups: References: