Re: Dealing with the real fish? problem

Florida has a nice poster and flyer about not releasing aquarium
species...Peter  makes the point that to collect 10,000 red shiners and
sell them would be difficult I agree but he misses the point of once
caught never returned...Lets say tommorrow Peter does one of his forays
to one place or another and collects 200 cichlids 10,000 red shiners and
a mes s of other nasty exotics. Well with the ERP he would have an avenue
to sell some of the offenders and the procceeds would probably be enough
to pay for the gas , food and what not so instead of Peter and his
buddies being out 50 bucks and mess of exotics being  removed , a mess of
exotics would be removed, some sold and Peter and co. would still have 50
bucks and would be more likley  to go out again.....

As for public education we have several fronts to battle on. The main one
being public apathy that is not an easy one to get a grip on but it will
have to handeled from a grassroots level. When the houswife in Dubuque
Iowa knows 10 non game species and speaks to her local PTA , Zoneing
committee or whatever about the enviromental concerns these fish have we
will be well on our way to winning the battle.....

Robert Rice

Save A Native Eat An Oscar <:)((((<

Check Out the Native Fish Conservany at NFC at actwin_com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: